• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket Given After Attendant Said OK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ayadlapa

I live in LA, CA. I was in a white passenger loading zone (says 5 mins only) - I went into pick up food at the ice cream shop - within 2 minutes, there was a parking attendant there writing a ticket. I ran out and told the guy I was there less than 5 minutes - he said okay, and said "I won't give you the ticket". I just moved my car after that just to be okay. Now - I got a ticket for that event 3 months later! I would appreciate any help - please!

justalayman

well, first, it was a passenger loading zone, not a "i'm going to run in and get some ice cream" zone.

Then, while it sounds like you did move your vehicle at that time (as in, your didn't go back into the ice cream store). Is that correct?

then, do you have proof the ticket agent said he wasn't going to give you a ticket?

maybe the ticket agent realized although you had been there for less than 5 minutes, you were not loading passengers but purchasing food so went ahead and issued the ticket.

I_Got_Banned

21458. (a) Whenever local authorities enact local parking regulations and indicate them by the use of paint upon curbs, the
following colors only shall be used, and the colors indicate as follows:
(1) Red indicates no stopping, standing, or parking, whether the vehicle is attended or unattended, except that a bus may stop in a red zone marked or signposted as a bus loading zone.
(2) Yellow indicates stopping only for the purpose of loading or unloading passengers or freight for the time as may be specified by local ordinance.
(3) White indicates stopping for either of the following purposes:
(A) Loading or unloading of passengers for the time as may be specified by local ordinance.
(B) Depositing mail in an adjacent mailbox.

(4) Green indicates time limit parking specified by local ordinance.
(5) Blue indicates parking limited exclusively to the vehicles of disabled persons and disabled veterans.
(b) Regulations adopted pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be effective on days and during hours or times as prescribed by local ordinances.
The white zone indicates stopping for either "Loading or unloading of passengers for the time as may be specified by local ordinance, OR for depositing mail in an adjacent mailbox". Not for buying ice cream!

Mnemosyne

Not to be pedantic, but the parking attendant did not give you the ticket. The ticket arrived by mail three months later.

I live in LA, CA. I was in a white passenger loading zone (says 5 mins only) - I went into pick up food at the ice cream shop - within 2 minutes, there was a parking attendant there writing a ticket. I ran out and told the guy I was there less than 5 minutes - he said okay, and said "I won't give you the ticket". I just moved my car after that just to be okay. Now - I got a ticket for that event 3 months later! I would appreciate any help - please!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">