• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket issuing rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reefus

Parking in California.

I found in the UK that if you move your car within 5 minutes of the Parking Officer starting to write a ticket you can avoid the citation.

Are there any such rules here? Where can I learn about the officer's guidelines for ticketing?

Reefus

CdwJava

reefus said:
Parking in California.

I found in the UK that if you move your car within 5 minutes of the Parking Officer starting to write a ticket you can avoid the citation.

Are there any such rules here? Where can I learn about the officer's guidelines for ticketing?

Reefus
The rules for issuing a parking citation vary by jurisdiction and sometimes even by the issuing officer or agent. In some places, once the officer puts pen to paper it's done. In others, they will Void it out if you arrive before they are done.

However, since many agencies issue parking cites as controlled documents, an issuing officer has to account for voided tickets with a report that is often far lengthier than the parking ticket itself. So, they have a greater incentive to just issue the citation than they do to void it out.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">