• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket, "Left to curb"?...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calidg

Hello,

I live in Prince William Co, VA, and have recently received several parking tickets. One ticket referenced the "Firetruck rule" citing me for obstruction of traffic in a parking lot. I parked along a curb at a commuter lot, because there were not enough parking spaces. And the second ticket was a "Left to Curb" parking ticket in my residential nieghborhood...I wasn't even aware that there was such a law and that it applied to redidential streets!

My question is, do you think that I took these to court that the judge wuld still ding me on these? Is it worth my while to conest it?

HomeGuru

Hello,

I live in Prince William Co, VA, and have recently received several parking tickets. One ticket referenced the "Firetruck rule" citing me for obstruction of traffic in a parking lot. I parked along a curb at a commuter lot, because there were not enough parking spaces. And the second ticket was a "Left to Curb" parking ticket in my residential nieghborhood...I wasn't even aware that there was such a law and that it applied to redidential streets!

My question is, do you think that I took these to court that the judge wuld still ding me on these? Is it worth my while to conest it?
**A: explain the left to curb one.

FlyingRon

"Left to curb" = "parking going the wrong way on a two way street....i.e. left side of the car next to the curb."

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I wasn't even aware that there was such a law and that it applied to redidential (sic) streets!
There are alot of laws people are not aware of. That does not give anyone an excuse to violate them.

My question is, do you think that I took these to court that the judge wuld (sic) still ding me on these? Is it worth my while to conest (sic) it?
Sounds like you're guilty of both. Why do you think you would not get "dinged"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">