• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket Miami Beach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdundas

Florida
In violation of section 02/30-388.6
The Citation states: One hour parking 6 am to 6 pm. Parked longer than designated on sign.

This was in a hospital area. I had a doctor's appointment at 11 AM, I arrived at 11:00 AM and parked. I got back to my car approximately 11:55 AM. However, the time on the ticket is 11:09. The ticket is only $23.00, but I am concerned that this is something that could happen again at the same place.

Is it worth going to court? How am I supposed to prove the time I arrived?

Also, in general, how do they confirm that how long a car is parked in an area with a one or two hour parking limit?
Thanks!

dmcc10880

Florida
In violation of section 02/30-388.6
The Citation states: One hour parking 6 am to 6 pm. Parked longer than designated on sign.

This was in a hospital area. I had a doctor's appointment at 11 AM, I arrived at 11:00 AM and parked. I got back to my car approximately 11:55 AM. However, the time on the ticket is 11:09. The ticket is only $23.00, but I am concerned that this is something that could happen again at the same place.

Also, in general, how do they confirm that how long a car is parked in an area with a one or two hour parking limit?
Thanks!
Pay it. Park somewhere that you can ensure you'll be within the time limit. They typically mark tires with chalk.

BlunterII

Your signed testimony, any documentation verifying the medical appointment time "11:00" (a copy of it, perhaps, as an attachment) and the " 11:09 " on your ticket might be all you need to show that you did not park for longer than an hour. It seems the violation was issued in error and needs to be dismissed.

You could start with a contest letter with your local parking enforcement agency first. Send it with certified mail.

Good luck!

BlunterII

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your signed testimony, any documentation verifying the medical appointment time "11:00" (a copy of it, perhaps, as an attachment) and the " 11:09 " on your ticket might be all you need to show that you did not park for longer than an hour. It seems the violation was issued in error and needs to be dismissed.

You could start with a contest letter with your local parking enforcement agency first. Send it with certified mail.

Good luck!

BlunterII
Most people who have an 11 am appointment will be parking earlier than 11 am.

BlunterII

Most people who have an 11 am appointment will be parking earlier than 11 am.
People do all kind of things, Zigner. Some come early, some on time, a few arrive late, many cancel the appointment or completely forget about it for various reasons.
What is your point?

All we have to go by is what the OP stated:
- they arrived at 11 a.m.
- they had an appointment scheduled for 11 a.m.
- their citation was issued at 11:09 a.m.

If that particular street had "One hour" parking then based on the facts presented the citation is invalid.

If one has OP's sworn testimony (arrival at 11 a.m.) and the document verifying the appointment time (11 a.m.) along with the citation stamped (11:09 a.m.) -
why would we presume that in this particular cituation "most people" would arrive before 10:09 a.m.? Because that would be the time the OP would have had to park their vehicle at that location on that day for the citation to be valid.

On the other hand, "most people" do tend to make mistakes, some more often than others, of course. Parking enforcement personnel are no exception :).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
People do all kind of things, Zigner. Some come early, some on time, a few arrive late, many cancel the appointment or completely forget about it for various reasons.
What is your point?

All we have to go by is what the OP stated:
- they arrived at 11 a.m.
- they had an appointment scheduled for 11 a.m.
- their citation was issued at 11:09 a.m.

If that particular street had "One hour" parking then based on the facts presented the citation is invalid.

If one has OP's sworn testimony (arrival at 11 a.m.) and the document verifying the appointment time (11 a.m.) along with the citation stamped (11:09 a.m.) -
why would we presume that in this particular cituation "most people" would arrive before 10:09 a.m.? Because that would be the time the OP would have had to park their vehicle at that location on that day for the citation to be valid.

On the other hand, "most people" do tend to make mistakes, some more often than others, of course. Parking enforcement personnel are no exception :).
I didn't. The POINT I was making is that showing an appointment at 11am will do more harm than good, since the OP never claimed to be late for the appointment. Get it? :rolleyes:

BlunterII

I didn't. The POINT I was making is that showing an appointment at 11am will do more harm than good,
The fact that the OP had an appointment at 11 a.m. is possibly one of the most potent pieces of evidence they can present to prove they did not park on or before 10:09 a.m.

since the OP never claimed to be late for the appointment.
From the facts the OP presented - it is very clear they were late for their appointment.

No :confused:

dmcc10880

The fact that the OP had an appointment at 11 a.m. is possibly one of the most potent pieces of evidence they can present to prove they did not park on or before 10:09 a.m.

From the facts the OP presented - it is very clear they were late for their appointment.

No :confused:
Remember now, Zigner's always right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">