• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket on my side-walk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fourtyluv

What is the name of your state? MA

I recently received a violation for parking on the sidewalk in front of my house, now I know that it would be a long shot to beat this but I think I would like to try. If you look at my deed I own "curb to curb", sweep and shovel said sidewalk as well as pick up trash there. Any thoughts??

Thanks

michaelWhat is the name of your state?

moburkes

I recently received a violation for parking on the sidewalk in front of my house, now I know that it would be a long shot to beat this but I think I would like to try. If you look at my deed I own "curb to curb", sweep and shovel said sidewalk as well as pick up trash there. Any thoughts??

Thanks

michaelWhat is the name of your state?
Sure. Pay the ticket.

FlyingRon

The sidewalk is part of the road right of way and you're not allowed to encumber it even if you own it. I actually own a good chunk of the road in front of some of my property, but I can't leave a car parked out there and not expect to get a ticket (and a tow).

Ozark_Sophist

By parking on the sidewalk, you are obstructing the rights of pedestrians to use the sidewalk, particularly those with disabilities who otherwise would have to use the roadway. Be glad its a simple parking ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">