• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket with no signs posted for "tickets"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alex16

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

This happened at the Harrisburh airport (MTD)

Full story below, skip to *** for citation information

I am a uber driver and our new contract made by uber and the airport screws the drivers.

Drivers can only get requests inside of the parking garage (geofences)

You can enter and leave the garage free under 10 minutes, under 30 with passenger for free.

Harsh reality is we wait 2 hours usually for a request. I love the airport but the fees are adding up, they charge us 2.20 first 30 minutes then 2.20 per hour after that.

I parked on the first level with rental cars and taxis, parked with the rental cars.
I read all the signs before entering, "no unauthorized vehicles" "unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owners expense"

Ticket reads
"In a privately controlled lot in violation of posted parking restrictions"

There was no signs saying it's illegal to park, but the other signs infer that it is. Not sure if I should fight it or pay the $25. I know it's a small amount just curious as it didn't say no parking. He should have given me a trespassing ticket I believe which is much worse. Just curious of someone else's views and opinions. I told the officer it won't happen again and I would pay the fine, he said if I wanted to take it to court it's no problem.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

This happened at the Harrisburh airport (MTD)

Full story below, skip to *** for citation information

I am a uber driver and our new contract made by uber and the airport screws the drivers.

Drivers can only get requests inside of the parking garage (geofences)

You can enter and leave the garage free under 10 minutes, under 30 with passenger for free.

Harsh reality is we wait 2 hours usually for a request. I love the airport but the fees are adding up, they charge us 2.20 first 30 minutes then 2.20 per hour after that.

I parked on the first level with rental cars and taxis, parked with the rental cars.
I read all the signs before entering, "no unauthorized vehicles" "unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owners expense"

Ticket reads
"In a privately controlled lot in violation of posted parking restrictions"

There was no signs saying it's illegal to park, but the other signs infer that it is. Not sure if I should fight it or pay the $25. I know it's a small amount just curious as it didn't say no parking. He should have given me a trespassing ticket I believe which is much worse. Just curious of someone else's views and opinions. I told the officer it won't happen again and I would pay the fine, he said if I wanted to take it to court it's no problem.
Pay the $25 :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">