• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket on old plates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmajors

What is the name of your state? nv/ca

got a parking ticket while i was visiting los angeles a few wks ago. i was driving one of my father's nevada-registered cars. recently, he got into a car accident which totaled it and he surrendered the old plates to nv dmv. he has other existing vehicles registered in his name, but the one that had my parking ticket is long gone to the junkyard and he doesn't plan to replace it. can ca parking violations bureau still collect on the ticket? will he get payment notices in the mail if that vehicle registration is now inactive? the only info listed on the ticket is the old lic plate # and the last 4 digits of the old vin. thx in advance for your help.What is the name of your state?

The Occultist

If the issuing authority had access to the plate number and the VIN, then they know exactly who owned the car. Why would totalling the car magically get you out of having to pay the fines?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">