• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket outside Macdonalds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mg0330

My family and I are in Vancouver for the past week and today I received a parking ticket after parking in front of Macdonalds in Richmond. We went to Macd for coffee and food then went around the neighbourhood for a stroll. When we came back there was a ticket for $61.60 (stating to be paid within 10days) issued by a private parking company. It states that we parked on private property. The ticket was issued at 8:26pm and I did retain my receipt from Macdonald (receipt dated 7:47pm. I talked to the manager of macdonalds and she told me to dispute the case with the company as other people have encountered the same problem previously. She also states that she cannot do anything about it as the property is under DPS signs. Can anyone tell me what I can do to dispute this case with the company, and if there are tips to let them void the ticket?? I live in Alberta and will be going home soon so there's no way to stay around and attend this matter. Thanks a bunch!!

cyjeff

US law only.

However, I would photocopy the receipt and email it to the nice person on the other end of the phone number on the bottom of the sign.

Tell them that if you have to come back to fight this, you will countersue for damages and travel.... but only if they are being a jerk.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
US law only.

However, I would photocopy the receipt and email it to the nice person on the other end of the phone number on the bottom of the sign.
Good advice.

Tell them that if you have to come back to fight this, you will countersue for damages and travel.... but only if they are being a jerk.
Would Canadian law allow for this cause of action? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">