• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PARKING TICKET for parking in front of someone's driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ursieb

What is the name of your state? ny
I live in the bronx and I got a $95 parking ticket because I had a civil complaint for parking in front of their 2nd driveway. I have parked here a million times along with many other parkers and now out of nowhere there appears on the ground NO parking Driveway spray painted on the ground (there is a dip to drive up to their driveway) They have two driveways now. One is very obvious because there is a garge door the *new* one doesnt it is actually just leads to their front door. There is some concrete in front of their entrance door for them to park. Now is there anyway to fight this ticket, This has to be new bc I have lived off this block for years. Shouldtheer be better signage? How do I even know this is a legal driveway? Is there a way to find out. How would a resident become aware of a new driveway that just has words spray painted on the ground which is on the passenger side of my car, when I get ot the drivers side. The woman who lives their made a civil complaint and got me a ticket.I think a note on my car would of be sifficeint as a warning. What can i do?

seniorjudge

There is only one defense to a parking ticket and that is that you were not illegally parked.

Since you admit you were illegally parked, then you have no defense.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You parked in front of her driveway. It doesn't have to be labeled and doesn't need signs. From your post, you are guilty and should pay the fine.

Silverplum

You parked in front of her driveway. It doesn't have to be labeled and doesn't need signs. From your post, you are guilty and should pay the fine.
May I just add one thing to your otherwise-comprehensive post? Thank you!

DUH!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You Are Guilty

It does need to be a legal driveway (i.e. curb cut) for you to get the ticket. If the homeowner did a 'DIY' driveway, you can present evidence of that to the ALJ when you contest the ticket. I believe you can get information on whether it is a legit driveway from the Dept of Buildings. If not, I'm sure they can direct you to the correct agency to consult, or else just check with 311.

If it is a "real" driveway, you had better hope there are fatal errors on the ticket itself, because otherwise, you are guilty as charged.

ursieb

TO silver plum

To silver plum: Not exaclty who th Duh is for. I thought it was a decent and logical question. Not sure if she got a variance for this new driveway and since this was very new driveway if I could find out if she has one or not.

:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">