• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket private property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

User51

Got a parking ticket in DC for parking in a private lot for 250$. Guess you need to have parking permit. I came to visit my family and I do not stay in DC but visits on weekends. My car is out of state registration. Since I am a part of the family and visits or stays in the apartment on weekends, the leasing office informed me to add my name to the lease as well. But they didnt give me any parking stickers even though they were supposed to. Also I was not aware of this. After the ticket was issued, spoke with apartment office and they gave me a sticker since my name is on lease and i visit on weekends. They told that I could appear DC adjuction center in person with a copy of the lease and dismiss the Ticket. What are the odds that my ticket gets dismissed?

FlyingRon

Barring an explicit letter from the building owners showing you have permission, zilch. The hearing department won't take your word for it or any other excuses. You can do so online or by mail. The walk in hearing process is a complete hell hole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">