• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket in a public park not marked no parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Demon93

California.

While attending a youth soccer game at a local park, I was given a parking ticket. Apparently it is illegal to park anywhere other than on pavement. The place I parked was right next to a car in a marked parking space that was on asphalt. I was on the dirt. The parking lot just ends. There are no signs stating that parking where I was is illegal. I was told later that there is a small sign at each of the two entrances stating that only parking on paved areas is allowed. I have been to this park many times and have never seen either of these signs. Is this ticket worth fighting?

Mass_Shyster

California.

While attending a youth soccer game at a local park, I was given a parking ticket. Apparently it is illegal to park anywhere other than on pavement. The place I parked was right next to a car in a marked parking space that was on asphalt. I was on the dirt. The parking lot just ends. There are no signs stating that parking where I was is illegal. I was told later that there is a small sign at each of the two entrances stating that only parking on paved areas is allowed. I have been to this park many times and have never seen either of these signs. Is this ticket worth fighting?
Not if those signs are there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">