• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket reciprocity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

interested

What is the name of your state? Texas (and possibly Virginia too?)
My car is licensed in Texas, but my main residence is now Virginia (as is my fairly new driver's license), though many hours drive from the DC metro area. The state of Texas has my mailing address in VA, and has me listed as out of state on military duty.
In DC, I received a parking ticket, which I strongly believe was improper (and with a $50 fee associated). Before I take the extensive trouble to attempt to fight it, I wanted to know, given my car's registration in Texas, what would be the consequences if I were to simply ignore it. This includes possible recipricity or lack thereof between "states". I have no other tickets or other complicating factors.What is the name of your state?

JETX

What is the name of your state? Texas (and possibly Virginia too?)
My car is licensed in Texas, but my main residence is now Virginia (as is my fairly new driver's license), though many hours drive from the DC metro area. The state of Texas has my mailing address in VA, and has me listed as out of state on military duty.
In DC, I received a parking ticket, which I strongly believe was improper (and with a $50 fee associated). Before I take the extensive trouble to attempt to fight it, I wanted to know, given my car's registration in Texas, what would be the consequences if I were to simply ignore it. This includes possible recipricity or lack thereof between "states". I have no other tickets or other complicating factors.What is the name of your state?
Responsible members of this site don't condone or support your avoiding a valid ticket. So, with that, the answer is... if you were in violation and deserved the ticket, be a responsible mature adult and accept the consequences of your conduct. If you weren't in violation of the ticket, exercise your right to challenge it.
Your decision of maturity or immaturity should not be set by your location.

LSCAP

parking ticket

Parking tickets

I can’t prove it but,
It was on the ***** agar talk show 680AM radio.

About three years ago a talk show host ( ***** Agar) told of one of his assistants having been denied a renewal on his license in NC two years earlier.

He traced it to a parking ticket in another state about thirty years ago. Apparently they were upgrading to computers and entered what records they had.

NC wouldn’t renew until the ticket was paid. The court was contacted and offered any reasonable payment. They refused because they no longer had a record of it and couldn’t just accept the money. sic

After talking about it on his show for a week, it some how became resolved.

I would suggest you pay the ticket.

patstew

In DC, I received a parking ticket, which I strongly believe was improper (and with a $50 fee associated). Before I take the extensive trouble to attempt to fight it, I wanted to know, given my car's registration in Texas, what would be the consequences if I were to simply ignore it. This includes possible recipricity or lack thereof between "states". I have no other tickets or other complicating factors.
Texas has your Virginia address, so you can be found. Reciprocity doesn't seem to have anything to do with it, really.

The issue amount was $50; what is it after the late fee kicks in, and does it go up more than once? In my city, all it takes is $100 in tickets and the boot-and-tow process kicks in.

If you neither pay it nor appeal it, you may find the big orange clam on your wheel one day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">