• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket /w non op

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tech-s

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

On 9/15/14 i was giving a parking ticket for CVC 5204. This truck has been parked in my driveway since 7/14 with a PNO filed with the dmv, i have a copy of the PNO taped to the driver side windshield on the inside of the cab.

As i have read over the ticket some of the information on the ticket is incorrect, plate is listed correctly, state is correct, vin is wrong, make is correct, model is listed as "pickup" instead of ranger, color is correct, address is wrong the address listed on the ticket doesn't even exist in this neighborhood. it lists (PF) in ticket comments section no idea what this means.

Is their a way to get out of paying this $197 fine?

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

On 9/15/14 i was giving a parking ticket for CVC 5204. This truck has been parked in my driveway since 7/14 with a PNO filed with the dmv, i have a copy of the PNO taped to the driver side windshield on the inside of the cab.

As i have read over the ticket some of the information on the ticket is incorrect, plate is listed correctly, state is correct, vin is wrong, make is correct, model is listed as "pickup" instead of ranger, color is correct, address is wrong the address listed on the ticket doesn't even exist in this neighborhood. it lists (PF) in ticket comments section no idea what this means.

Is their a way to get out of paying this $197 fine?
The errors on the ticket mean little. They don't need the precise model or VIN, those are purely for identification clarification. Since your license plate is correct it will be matched up with your registration and you will be fond liable for the ticket.

The real issue is that the car was in your (not public) driveway and hence 5204 VC doesn't apply (doesn't matter if you have a PNO or not).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">