• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket - Within 10Ft of Alleyway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PsychoBob

Additional questions on Parking Violation

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona, Tucson City Violation TC20-277.8
Citation does not include the vehicle plate# or VIN and has the color listed incorrectly. Fee is $188.00 Do you think I have any chance of beating this in court or should I just pay the fine?

sandyclaus

Citation does not include the vehicle plate# or VIN and has the color listed incorrectly. Fee is $188.00 Do you think I have any chance of beating this in court or should I just pay the fine?
If that's all that is listed on the ticket, then yes. You could feasibly contest the ticket in court. You'd argue that there is no identification, not even a little bit, that seems to verify YOUR vehicle as the one having committed the violation.

Of course, I'm not buying that a law enforcement officer would have been quite that careless and put that little vehicle identification on the ticket... Unless, of course, you had no plates on your vehicle for some reason? Perhaps they have photo or video of the violation showing the actual vehicle. If not, then someone's incompetence is going to cost the city some serious lost revenue.

PsychoBob

Parked within 10ft of Alleyway

It is possible that they printed the ticket without the vehicle plate number and VIN for a reason. Perhaps, I should call the city to confirm the information.

CdwJava

If there is no license plate or VIN # then there is no way to hold you or your vehicle accountable for the citation anyway. Maybe it was a warning notice?

It seems inconceivable that an officer would simply put down a location, vehicle make, model and color and nothing else ... but, I suppose he could have been distracted really, really bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">