• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket: Wrong State and no VIN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gowildcats

I have my car in Arizona, but it has a California license plate. I got a parking ticket, however the ticket says "AZ" on the vehicle description section and the VIN section was left blank.

Do I have to pay the ticket ($72!!) even though the officer put the wrong state and had no VIN?

CdwJava

I have my car in Arizona, but it has a California license plate. I got a parking ticket, however the ticket says "AZ" on the vehicle description section and the VIN section was left blank.

Do I have to pay the ticket ($72!!) even though the officer put the wrong state and had no VIN?
How lucky do you feel?

You can NOT pay it and hope they won't figure out the error and put a lien on your vehicle ... or, you can sleep secure and pay it. Your choice.

CdwJava

I would ignore it and take the chance.
I prefer not to risk a lien on a car or a possible $300-$500 additional collection fee (depending on how the city does it). But, then, I don't like to gamble all that much.

I suspect they will quickly figure out that the citation was for a CA registered vehicle and not an AZ vehicle ... it's rather easy to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">