• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket with the wrong Street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anon1m0us

What is the name of your state?:D What is the name of your state? New York
This was a BAAAAD month for me. I received 2 parking tickets!
1)My wife received a double parking ticket. However, it had the wrong street on the ticket. Can I fight it?

2) I recieved a parking ticket for expired registration. I got that fixed. Can i get that ticket reduced?

3) I have a gray car. One ticket says the car is Silver. Can i fight that?

4) In addition, at the bottom of the ticket, it says if the driver is present, they must write your name on the ticker, which they failed to do. Can i fight that?

D

double_park

anon1m0us said:
4) In addition, at the bottom of the ticket, it says if the driver is present, they must write your name on the ticker, which they failed to do. Can i fight that?
I received a double park ticket in nyc. when the officier handed over me the ticket, i noticed my name is not on the ticket. is it a defective ticket?

here is a link to a defective ticket dispute.
defective ticket dispute

thanks for any inputs.

JETX

double_park said:
I received a double park ticket in nyc. when the officier handed over me the ticket, i noticed my name is not on the ticket. is it a defective ticket?
Don't hijack someone elses thread. It is both rude and leads to confusion when you think that someones response to the original post is to you.
Start your own.

You Are Guilty

anon1m0us said:
1)My wife received a double parking ticket. However, it had the wrong street on the ticket. Can I fight it?

2) I recieved a parking ticket for expired registration. I got that fixed. Can i get that ticket reduced?

1) You can fight anything you want. However, how do you intend on proving the wrong street was listed? Unless it's for a street that doesn't exist, you have your work cut out for you.

2) You can try. If it was within 24hours of the ticket, sometimes you will get a symphatetic ALJ down at the PVB. (Dress in a suit to increase your chances). This is purely discretionary and they do not have to reduce the fine at all, so be as nice as possible and have a damn good excuse.

3) Silver and gray are the same damn thing. Moreover, incorrect color is not a fatal defect in NYC.

4) Again, not a fatal defect, but, aside from only being required if the operator is present at thet time the ticket is issued, (was he/she?), it can potentially be used to show carelssness on behalf of the agent (i.e. "If they couldn't even ask me for my DL, how can you expect them to follow any of the other rules and do anything right?" logic). You take your chances with that one since the PVB tends to side with its agents rather than you, even if the ALJ's are, nominally, "neutral".

J

jackangel

regarding that ticket with the wrong street on it, you could win if there were some indication of your location (on the ticket itself) which conflicted with the street address. i received a ticket in nyc last year for an expired muni-meter (came back under 5 minutes late, just my luck). the street was wrong, but the posted muni-meter # was right. i pointed out this discrepancy in the online dispute form and actually won.

elements

i would fight it. i got stopped on a moving violation in brooklyn for making a right hand turn on a red light. the cop stopped me from the front. when the judge asked if that was true the cop did not say a word. the judge then said dismissed. i did not pay a dime.

On une 17, 2004, anon1m0us asked for advice. 3 years and some months later someone thought that the court hasn't come up with a verdict.

You Are Guilty

Good job, Elements! You came to the OP's rescue just in the nick of time!
In his defense, there was some idiot who resurrected every NY-related parking post from 2002 onwards in order to spam his website. He appears to have been deleted, but the revived threads keep popping up as new, and people tend not to check the dates on those.

Of course, he's still wrong - parking tickets are not moving violations. :cool:

PARKINGNYC

parking in nyc sux

1) let's clear this up first. The street on the ticket is normally the street where u parked illegally, not your home address. If they got that wrong, (this is the same answer to your 3rd question) u can dispute it but chances are they will tell u it's too minor of a mistake to void the ticket. thats what happend to me.
2) u can fight the ticket, if they respond with a reduced letter, take it. I let it ride to the judge and next thing u know I had to pay it in full.
no to 4th question.
The best way to dispute a parking ticket in NYC I found is following NYCDriving.com's advise, Read their "Three Secrets of Disputing NYC Parking Tickets" it's very informational

The Occultist

*sigh* Friggin' n00bs. Hey, ParkingNYC, please read a few of the posts immediately before yours, and you'll see that your advice is simply not needed on this two year old thread. But we certainly appreciate your enthusiasm! :D

PARKINGNYC

bad google badd

holy crap it's google's fault, if this thread is so old it shouldn't be on google. totally not my newbiness fault.

PARKINGNYC

NYC Parking sux

OMG this threat is still here!! damn gooogle ahahhah. I think made a mistake last time, I have heard my friend got his ticket voided due to the wrong address on the ticket. like it says ramp in front of 7 oliver st. but 7 oliver st is acatually in the middle of the street and there wasn't a ramp from google maps street view. so he took the snap shoots and submit the dispute. it was actually 27 oliver st. O yea last time I got the site wrong too, its not NYCDriving.com it's actually WikiDriving.com they have user posted info on how to fight nyc parking tickets. so not really reliable but better than nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">