• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaymumbi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Massachusetts.
i have $400 of packing tickets incurred by an ex-boyfriend who was using one of my cars in New Hampshire. He has refused to pay and i have no way of contacting him. iI have court date next week. my question is will i be made to pay or will the judge reduce this amount, or what is the possible outcome?

LdiJ

i have $400 of packing tickets incurred by an ex-boyfriend who was using one of my cars in New Hampshire. He has refused to pay and i have no way of contacting him. iI have court date next week. my question is will i be made to pay or will the judge reduce this amount, or what is the possible outcome?
Its your car. You are going to be held responsible for the tickets.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You, as the owner of the vehicle, are responsible for the tickets. There is no way we can tell you if the tickets will/can been reduced in any way, as we have no idea of the nature of the tickets.

The most likely scenario is that you will need to pay the $400 and seek reimbursement from the ex.

asiny

Driving is a privilege, not a right. You own the property - you are requesting to the state for the ability to drive your property on THEIR (and federal) roadways. If there is a problem with your property, the state can deny you this - but they cannot take the property away from you unless YOU break the law with your property.

Last edited by a moderator:

asiny

My point was not that you are applying to drive on THEIR roadway.. but more that if your car does not meet state/federal standards you will not be issued the required documentation to drive YOUR property on the roadway.

But the state does not own YOUR property. If you can provide any legal stance that a state has ever asserted it's ownership of an individuals (vehicle) property, outside of the individual (or vehicle) not meeting legal standards or holding valid documentation, then the 1st set of drivel you posted (which seems to be deleted) might mean something.
I guess the counter-point you seemed to be trying to make, again in the 1st post that's deleted, was in response to that the owner of the vehicle is responsible for the tickets made by Zigner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">