• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking tickets in a different city.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bresson

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I got a number of parking tickets in Tucson which I did not pay because I was parked in front of my house (I know this is not responsible, but I paid my rent so why should I pay these tickets?) I now live in Phoenix and received a letter yesterday from Tucson city court threatening to boot my car for unpaid citations. Can they still boot my car even though I live in a different city?

racer72

Can they still boot my car even though I live in a different city?
Nope. But they can have your driver's license suspended or prevent you from renewing your vehicle license till the fines are paid. Worse case scenario, you get pulled over for a minor traffic violation and the officer discovers your license is suspended and a bond is required for the unpaid tickets. You get taken to jail and held till the tickets are paid, your vehicle is towed and you get a fresh ticket for driving while suspended. This could cost a whole lot more than the parking tickets.

I know this is not responsible, but I paid my rent so why should I pay these tickets?
Only a judge or magistrate can remove your liability for the tickets. And your chance to contest them may have past so you will have no choice but to pay them. The question you have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">