• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking tickets, help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ellismck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Californoa

Hello,
So here is my story. Today i parked my moto in public lot in long beach. Wen i came out of my meeting i found three police cars surrounding my bike. They began to poit out every little thing wrong with it, right down the the fact that my license plate is not placed at a 90 degree angle. They literally spent 30 mins flipping thru their vehicle code book to find as many thigs to ticket me on. I received 6 different tickets from one officer. Now i was wondering, if i were to put the bike into planned non operatikn, or got rid of the bike, would i still be required to pay the parking tickets?

justalayman

what parking tickets? It sounds like you have defective equipment tickets.

but in either case, no, it does not alter the fact that there were violations when you did have it on the road.

CdwJava

If you had to sign for them, chances are they were not parking tickets. If they were left on the bike, then they were likely parking violations.

No matter, you will still have to take care of them.

Ellismck

Well they did not make me sign for them, nor did is there any information about me on any of the tickets. Also, the tickets i received are labeled parkig tickets, but have cvc citations on them. Could i fix the problems like a fix it ticket?

CdwJava

Well they did not make me sign for them, nor did is there any information about me on any of the tickets. Also, the tickets i received are labeled parkig tickets, but have cvc citations on them. Could i fix the problems like a fix it ticket?
Follow the instructions on the parking citations. There should be a phone number, address, or web site that you can utilize to obtain further information.

Most jurisdictions do not make parking cites correctable, but some few do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">