• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking violation on a moving van

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fiverdown

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I received a parking ticket on a moving truck recently. The ticket was for parking in an alley, when it was actually parked in a spot with the nose end partially sticking in the alley. I plan to contest: I've taken pictures showing the truck was in a legal parking spot, and that the alley was passable in front of the nose of the truck. My question is: if I don't contest and just don't pay the tickets, will they be able to track the truck, and the violation, to my license? I wasn't by the truck when it was ticketed, so technically they don't know it was rented in my name. Or would it be better to just contest it, and if I lose, pay it?What is the name of your state?

C

CALIF-LAWPRO45

fiverdown said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I received a parking ticket on a moving truck recently. The ticket was for parking in an alley, when it was actually parked in a spot with the nose end partially sticking in the alley. I plan to contest: I've taken pictures showing the truck was in a legal parking spot, and that the alley was passable in front of the nose of the truck. My question is: if I don't contest and just don't pay the tickets, will they be able to track the truck, and the violation, to my license? I wasn't by the truck when it was ticketed, so technically they don't know it was rented in my name. Or would it be better to just contest it, and if I lose, pay it?What is the name of your state?
My response:

Did you happen to even read your rental agreement?

IAAL

CdwJava

When the rental company gets the ticket they will drop the dime on you. You will have to pay it.

And all because some of the truck was legally parked does not make it okay to obstruct part of the alley. I do not know of ANY state where blocking PART of an alley is okay!

Here's one reason why ... a fire truck is about 15' wide ... alleys tend to be wide enough to permit fire trucks to pass through them ... fire trucks do NOT do slaloms around obstructions very well ...

Contest it if you want, but you will almost certainly lose. But, it's your time so go ahead ... you MIGHT get lucky.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">