• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking violation in NY city

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gr4v1ty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY but living in QC

I received 2 parking tickets for parking in a commercial zone (delivery trucks only) of 95$/ea. I read on the forum that they won't bother sending a fine if you did not pay the tickets at my home address in QC but the topic was 9 years old. I want to know if things changed since because when I went in NJ, Wildwood this summer, they sent a late-advisory to the home address of the owner of the vehicle that was driven at the moment.

Thanks for your advice!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I read on the forum that they won't bother sending a fine if you did not pay the tickets at my home address...
No, YOU send the fine money in - no one sends you the fine. What on Earth are you talking about?

...they sent a late-advisory to the home address of the owner of the vehicle that was driven at the moment.
The owner is responsible for the parking tickets. Why would you think the city magically knows YOU were driving the car?

The bottom line is that the owner will take the hit for these tickets - why are you playing games with them and not paying the fines? The penalties are accumulating and the total owed just keeps growing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">