• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Volations ( NO VISIBLE NO PARKING SIGN )

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HelpMe2007

Hey,

Does anyone know what the California NO Parking sign laws are?

Apparently i got a ticket, and there are no visible NO parking signs, i just got off work around midnight and had to drive 45 minutes to a friends house to help him with a computer issue - it was the weekend, by the time i was finished it was past 2 AM and i was tired - my Girlfriend said i could stay at her apartment, so i drive there.

but the entire street is filled with cars, i park on the opposite side of the street from where her apartment is, but i notice NO parking signs over there.

She had friends over at her apartment and they were about ready to leave, they said i could have their spot.

So i take their spot, Now directly behind me there is no (NO PARKING Signs)
more then 150 feet in front of me there is a NO Parking sign.

Directly across the street from me, there is NO ( NO Parking Sign )

Now, when i wake up in the morning, i see that i have a ticket on my windshield.

With a parking violation notice.

I look Back behind me, to see if there are any (NO parking signs), There are 3 TRUCKS parked behind me, so i walk behind them, i see a tree, and a light post behind the leaves of the tree, and notice - The no Parking sign - Now the cars Behind me did not get parking tickets, and the TRUCK Parked directly under the sign did not get a parking ticket.

I Tried to dispute the ticket, - i got a letter in the mail today saying it was denied, Also saying i had to pay the fine within 21 days of the mailing date, which was 02/09/07

I just received the letter on the 02/28/07 - That leaves me 2 days to mail the Fine...

What do i do? :( :( :( :( :( :(

HelpMe2007

Ok the first part of the question is..

Does anyone know what the laws are for no parking signs, and can they give you a parking ticket if the sign is not visible?

For example, I have a picture of the area - there is no NO PARKING SIGN.... but its behind a tree, So lets hide a sign here hopefully nobody will see it so we can give people tickets and make tons of $$$$$...

IS that legal?

I'm assuming this is public property - so the city maintains the area - and i would assume they would trim the tree's around the sign so it would be visible.

:( :(

ceara19

Ok the first part of the question is..

Does anyone know what the laws are for no parking signs, and can they give you a parking ticket if the sign is not visible?

For example, I have a picture of the area - there is no NO PARKING SIGN.... but its behind a tree, So lets hide a sign here hopefully nobody will see it so we can give people tickets and make tons of $$$$$...

IS that legal?

I'm assuming this is public property - so the city maintains the area - and i would assume they would trim the tree's around the sign so it would be visible.

:( :(
Apparently the city doesn't feel as though there was a problem with the sign placement. You tried to contest it and it was denied. It may be possible for you to continue trying to contest the matter. However, if you go that route, you'll probably end up spending more money on court costs and legal fees then you would just paying the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">