• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking on wrong side of street in Los Angeles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjeffrey4

California. Los Angeles County. Parling on the wrong side of the street:

Q: Is it illegal to park on the wrong side of the street on a short (20 yards long), cul-de-sac with no houses other than my own? I live in a rural area surrounded by vacant lots except for my house.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California. Los Angeles County. Parling on the wrong side of the street:

Q: Is it illegal to park on the wrong side of the street on a short (20 yards long), cul-de-sac with no houses other than my own? I live in a rural area surrounded by vacant lots except for my house.
A: Yes *****

JETX

Is it illegal to park on the wrong side of the street on a short (20 yards long), cul-de-sac with no houses other than my own?
Illegal. The problem here is that in order to park on the wrong side, you have to have driven on the wrong side.... and that is illegal.

California Vehicle Code:
22502. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter every vehicle stopped or parked upon a roadway where there are adjacent curbs shall be stopped or parked with the right-hand wheels of such vehicle parallel with and within 18 inches of the right-hand curb, except that motorcycles shall be parked with at least one wheel or fender touching the right-hand curb. Where no curbs or barriers bound any two-way roadway, right-hand parallel parking is required unless otherwise indicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">