• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing School bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gkn2003

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Hi,

Today I made a blunder mistake because of my unawarness. I am new to this country and driving. today morning a school bus flashing red light stopped on the opposite lane. but i haven't stopped for that school bus. Immediately a police men has given a ticket and asked me come to court on a given date.

Reason why i am not stopped for that school bus, I thought the road as separated lane, so on the drivers manual they mentioned as if the road has separated lane then the opposite side lane drivers are don't want to stop for the school bus. But after getting my ticket only i came to know that we can't pass over the school bus even though its separated lane. Roadway should have a median to pass a school bus.

Please anyone can tell me what i have to do. to ask excuse or to avoid my driver license suspension.

Please respond.

Thanks,
gkn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">