• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penalty for non-payment of city of Chicago parking tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

treneth

What is the name of your state? MO

What type of penalties--civil or criminal--would I incur for non-payment of a city of Chicago parking ticket? I was there as a tourist, and I am extremely unlikely to ever be back in the Chicago area with a vehicle. (I'm also hacked off by the fact I went to move my car at 3:50 PM according to several different time sources, and found a ticket for illegal parking from 4-6 PM time dated 4:10 PM, but figure trying to fight it is impossible.)

Worst case scenario, what will happen? Thanks!

seniorjudge

treneth said:
What is the name of your state? MO

What type of penalties--civil or criminal--would I incur for non-payment of a city of Chicago parking ticket? I was there as a tourist, and I am extremely unlikely to ever be back in the Chicago area with a vehicle. (I'm also hacked off by the fact I went to move my car at 3:50 PM according to several different time sources, and found a ticket for illegal parking from 4-6 PM time dated 4:10 PM, but figure trying to fight it is impossible.)

Worst case scenario, what will happen? Thanks!
Worst case scenario is you will get busted the next time you go ANYWHERE in Illinois.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">