• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In person Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Siriusly Shady

What is the name of your state? New York

does anyone been to on of their finance business center for walk-in hearing? How was it and what do you have to do? I'm thinking to go to on of those center instead of writing them a not guilty letter because i need fast result. do i have to meet with the judge and start talkin "your honor ..." like i saw in the movies? :confused:

You Are Guilty

Siriusly Shady said:
What is the name of your state? New York

does anyone been to on of their finance business center for walk-in hearing? How was it and what do you have to do? I'm thinking to go to on of those center instead of writing them a not guilty letter because i need fast result. do i have to meet with the judge and start talkin "your honor ..." like i saw in the movies? :confused:
Good lord no. It's not a courtroom. It's a waiting area and a bunch of small "hearing rooms" with a desk and two chairs. You never lay eyes on a judge. It's exceedingly un-formal. You get called in, show them the ticket, tell them your story in English (or as close to English as you can come) and they write out why they don't believe you on a form and you're on your way.

The hard part is the waiting to get called in - it can get rather busy, although I hear they are much faster lately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">