• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Philadelphia - How can I find out when a sign was installed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nick Name

What is the name of your state? PA

I received a parking ticket in Center City Philadelphia a few weeks ago. At that time there was no sign present. I went today to take a picture of the lack of signage and there was a brand new sign there. How can I find out when the sign was installed there?

Thanks in advance!

CdwJava

Call the city's public works or road department - whoever installs the signs. They should be able to tell you ... or tell you how to find out.

- Carl

HappyHusband

CdwJava said:
Call the city's public works or road department - whoever installs the signs. They should be able to tell you ... or tell you how to find out.

- Carl
Yeah, and check the sign to see if it has any kind of serial number assigned to it.
Some cities put a serial number on every sign, garbage can, or park bench so they can keep track of just that sort of info.

Otherwise the conversation would go like this.....

You - When did ya'll put up that sign?
City - Which sign?
You - That brand new sign that tells you where you can or cain't park.
City - Where at?
You - In the City Center.
City - Can you describe the verbage on the sign?
You - Yeah, it says that you cain't park here.
City - Where does it say you cannot park?
You - On the sign.
City - No, where is the parking prohibited?
You - In the City Center.
City - That sign has always been there.

BelizeBreeze

Nick Name said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I received a parking ticket in Center City Philadelphia a few weeks ago. At that time there was no sign present. I went today to take a picture of the lack of signage and there was a brand new sign there. How can I find out when the sign was installed there?

Thanks in advance!
What does the date a sign was installed have to do with you breaking the local ordinance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">