• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Philly traffic tickets for my newly registered car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simonwatts

What is the name of your state? DE

I moved to Delaware one year ago from LA and transported my car here and registered it and received a nice shiny new plate.

Then about 4 months ago I started to receive threatening letters from Philly traffic collections asking me to pay fines for an abandoned car that are about $800.

The car in question is some junker that had 'my' plate - I guess they recycle plates here.

The incident happened one year BEFORE I moved here.

They will not stop sending these letters and now threaten me with a collection agency.

I sent them letters from DMV proving I was not the owner - the plate belonged to a different person etc.

How can I stop these idiots from hounding me?

Cheers,
Simon

simonwatts

Hi Alan,

Yes. I called them. They said mail us all the docs. I did. Then I received a letter saying somebody had reviewed my 'case' and decided I needed to pay! Amazing outfit huh?

They have this automated defense-shield phone system and I just hate the thought of having to spend yet more of my time (and hence my money) to get THEM to correct their records.

I feel I want to make them pay for having such a broken procedure and I was wondering how to go about filing some sort of legal action but I guess that's just me feeling wronged.
And I'm simply venting to this group:)

OK. I'll call them...

Cheers,
Simon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">