• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phony NYC Parking Ticket-Charitable contribution?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

humblejohn

:mad:I am a senior citizen and live in NY. The ticket was written in NYC. The supposed ticket is now 2 years old-I just found out about it 2 weeks ago. I was nowhere near the ticket site which was in east Harlem. I never received any notification until 2 weeks ago. I have written to NYC dept of finance and basically they said too bad-pay up and the price is no longer $175 but $200.

This is an outrage and I need to know how to fight it. I have also written to ny state attorney general and to 7 Online(TV station).

Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
:mad:I am a senior citizen and live in NY. The ticket was written in NYC. The supposed ticket is now 2 years old-I just found out about it 2 weeks ago. I was nowhere near the ticket site which was in east Harlem. I never received any notification until 2 weeks ago. I have written to NYC dept of finance and basically they said too bad-pay up and the price is no longer $175 but $200.

This is an outrage and I need to know how to fight it. I have also written to ny state attorney general and to 7 Online(TV station).

Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.:)
Pay the $200 - it is going to save you TONS of trouble down the road (no pun intended)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">