• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pittsburgh Parking ticket fight?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pitt579

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pittsburgh, Pa

Received a parking ticket parking along a sidewalk in downtown pittsburgh. There was a no parking sign, but also loading/unloading signs, which were confusing. (I took pictures with my car in them) Also, other cars parked next to me and did not have tickets. (I was parked there for 3.5 hrs and received this about 1.5 into it. About 10pm on a Friday) I have parked there many times before and not received a ticket and the block was full with other cars parked in the same no parking areas. I also drove around to another block nearby that had a no parking sign only, no loading signs that may be confusing, and had cars lined up down the block, none with tickets. My ticket is $96, and I don't think I should have to pay it. Signs were confusing, enforcement wasn't universal. Main issue is that I don't live in Pitt and cant show up for the court date.

Thoughts?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pittsburgh, Pa

Received a parking ticket parking along a sidewalk in downtown pittsburgh. There was a no parking sign, but also loading/unloading signs, which were confusing. (I took pictures with my car in them) Also, other cars parked next to me and did not have tickets. (I was parked there for 3.5 hrs and received this about 1.5 into it. About 10pm on a Friday) I have parked there many times before and not received a ticket and the block was full with other cars parked in the same no parking areas. I also drove around to another block nearby that had a no parking sign only, no loading signs that may be confusing, and had cars lined up down the block, none with tickets. My ticket is $96, and I don't think I should have to pay it. Signs were confusing, enforcement wasn't universal. Main issue is that I don't live in Pitt and cant show up for the court date.

Thoughts?
If you truly feel that the signs were confusing, then you will need to go to court to fight the ticket.

Your choice - pay the ticket and eat your pride, or make the trip to Pitt for the court date.

FlyingRon

You were there in excess of an hour before you were ticketed in a zone that was either "No Parking" or a "Loading/Unloading Zone?" In either case it sounds like you parked their illegally.

swalsh411

If you go to court, "Other cars were not ticketed" and "I've parked there before and not gotten a ticket" are not defenses. Don't even bother trying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">