• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help I Got Ripped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cazmuh

What is the name of your state? CA

This ticket happened in Berkeley CA College/Bancroft. I was in a bus zone, and prior to getting the ticket the bus parked in front of me and picked up passengers so i didnt block the bus from doing its job. I basically was in the truck it was running, and I had two "officers" from County of Alameda-AC transit people come up to me and give me a 250 dollar ticket. I pleaded that i was just getting directions and the officer noted i was 50% in the red zone so i wasnt even completely in the red zone. Also I could of easily backed up further to get completely in the white zone, but god these officers were jerks and would not listen to me. They wanted to write this ticket, i plead to anyone who can help me write a response to this to contest this i really would appreicate it. PLEASE help, i have less than 21 days to file this and like i said this is like a complete rip off, its not like i parked left came back and saw a ticket. Thanks everyone

JETX

cazmuh said:
i plead to anyone who can help me write a response to this to contest this i really would appreicate it.
Why??? From your own post, you were parked in the no-parking bus zone.

this is like a complete rip off, its not like i parked left came back and saw a ticket.
There is NOTHING in the statute that says you have to have left the vehicle in order to be parked.
What was the EXACT statute noted in the ticket (VC??).

Last edited:

cazmuh

I was only in the 50%red zone

My truck was running, I wasnt blocking the bus from doing its job, I could of easily backed up 4 ft to get completly out of the red zone, I was in the truck, it was a quick stop for directions not a long term parking.

seniorjudge

There are several ways this ordinance can be violated. Here is just one:

My truck was running, I wasnt blocking the bus from doing its job, I could of easily backed up 4 ft to get completly out of the red zone, I was in the truck, it was a quick stop for directions not a long term parking.

JETX

cazmuh said:
My truck was running
Not relevant.

I wasnt blocking the bus from doing its job
Not relevant.... though you may have been blocking the bus that was behind you trying to pull into that stop when the other left. :D

I could of easily backed up 4 ft to get completly out of the red zone
And even more easy... would have been to not park in the bus zone!!!

I was in the truck, it was a quick stop for directions not a long term parking.
Nothing said in the statute about 'long term' parking being needed. The FACT is... you WERE parked in a bus zone. Seems pretty simple to me.

CdwJava

cazmuh said:
What is the specific statute (code number) you were cited for violating?

As an FYI, being parked, stopped or standing ANYWHERE in a prohibited zone is sufficient for a violation. The sections here do not read something to the effect of: "No parking unless permitted vehicles may access ..."

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">