• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP! TOWED for NO REASON.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mustardqueen

What is the name of your state? Washington.

*sigh* Hello everyone, here's my story.

I went to visit my friend to his apartment...it was about 11 PM on Saturday. I parked at a Load Zone for about 20-30 minutes....and when I came out, my car was GONE.

I am a broke college student and I had to pay $220. I asked the towing company who has commended them to tow my car & they replied "the apartment manager".

So I called the apartment manager the next day and told her what has happened...asked her why my car was towed even though it was only parked for 20-30 at a Load Zone. My car was not blocking any entrances, or other properties. The manager said she will call me back the next day...but she didn't until 2 weeks after. ARGH.

Now she is saying other residents have complained about my car parked in the Load Zone in the past. The thing is, that night was my FIRST time EVER to park in a Load Zone!!!!

I just want my money back! At first she seemed nice but now she's making up crap to get away with it.

Is there any way I can get my money back? I really don't know what steps to take because a) I don't want to get a lawyer since I am broke b) I don't know anything about law.

Please help meeeeee!!!!What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

mustardqueen said:

I went to visit my friend to his apartment...it was about 11 PM on Saturday. I parked at a Load Zone for about 20-30 minutes....and when I came out, my car was GONE.

I am a broke college student and I had to pay $220. I asked the towing company who has commended them to tow my car & they replied "the apartment manager".

So I called the apartment manager the next day and told her what has happened...asked her why my car was towed even though it was only parked for 20-30 at a Load Zone. My car was not blocking any entrances, or other properties. The manager said she will call me back the next day...but she didn't until 2 weeks after. ARGH.

Now she is saying other residents have complained about my car parked in the Load Zone in the past. The thing is, that night was my FIRST time EVER to park in a Load Zone!!!!

I just want my money back! At first she seemed nice but now she's making up crap to get away with it.

Is there any way I can get my money back? I really don't know what steps to take because a) I don't want to get a lawyer since I am broke b) I don't know anything about law.

You parked in a place you were not supposed to and you got towed.

What do you want?

AHA

mustardqueen said:

A load zone is not the same thing as a parking spot. Unless you're loading/unloading stuff/people, an unattended car should not be sitting there for 30 mins.

racer72

Please change the title of your post to "Please help, I parked in a no parking area and had my car legally towed and I don't know anything about the law and I want to make a big stink over something stupid I did." And do not use all caps like you did in your first attempt. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">