• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PoliceHarassmentII

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tedmisechtar

Hey Carl, maybe you should come over to the police near the DC suburban area. From the sound of it, they could use your help!

The news has it a cop just shot an 18 year old without warning into a vehicle loaded with teens skipping out on a restaurant check. Problem is the kids couldn't have seen him in time since he jumped out from parked cars and starting shooting without warning.
Everyone is asking what I was asking: Why didn't he shoot into the tires or the block of the engine to stop the vehicle? To make matters worse, when the kids told him the driver wasn't breathing and to call an ambulance, he told them to just shut up.
Consequently, he is on administrative leave pending investigation. But there are too many witnesses this time.
There seems to be a lot of police misconduct and perhaps they need your services similar to the ex-cop in Florida who teaches officers how not to be provocative themselves when doing a traffic stop. He calls it "verbal judo."
Also, there are articles in www.washingtonpost.com that you can check the archives to see that they are not just isolated incidents.
There seems to be a plethora of police misconduct around the Washington area.
Other archive articles include:

P.G. county officer stopped for speeding in his own vehicle by same county cops who did not know him, refuses to open window and cooperate with said cops.

P.G. county officer sent to prison because the blue code of silence broken by fellow officers indicated that she asked the ranking cop on the scene and received permission to release her new police dog on vagrants who were already handcuffed because she said it was a new dog and she wanted him to have a "bite."

Alexandria, Va.
Officer arrested who just recently graduated from the police academy caught by his own detective posing as a underage teenager on internet (who did not know him) for soliciting sex with minors in a chatroom!

Alexandria, Va.
Police have issued a statement that they will no longer pose and receive services as customers at a massage salon in order to do undercover investigations of illicit sex.

That is just to name a few, Carl. They probably really need you. It seems, according to you, everything is fine where you are and now your expertise is needed elsewhere.

CdwJava

tedmisechtar said:
Hey Carl, maybe you should come over to the police near the DC suburban area. From the sound of it, they could use your help!
No thanks - too humid out there.

The news has it a cop just shot an 18 year old without warning into a vehicle loaded with teens skipping out on a restaurant check. Problem is the kids couldn't have seen him in time since he jumped out from parked cars and starting shooting without warning.
Local news is notoriously unreliable and almost certainly does not have all the facts. It may be true, but, to paraphrase Paul Harvey, where is "the REST of the story"?

Everyone is asking what I was asking: Why didn't he shoot into the tires or the block of the engine to stop the vehicle?
Shooting the block won't do much - the block STOPS bullets and rarely stops as the result of a gunshot without traveling a long way ... and you cannot shoot the tires from the FRONT of the vehicle - not that this would do anything to stop the car before hitting the officer anyway (if that's why he was shooting).

Consequently, he is on administrative leave pending investigation. But there are too many witnesses this time.
Officers are always on Admin leave pending an investigation. And since I don't know anything about it, I couldn't possibly make a comment about it that wasn't concerning something from a news story.

There seems to be a lot of police misconduct and perhaps they need your services similar to the ex-cop in Florida who teaches officers how not to be provocative themselves when doing a traffic stop. He calls it "verbal judo."
Yes, I am familiar with it. That or similar methodology is standard training in CA and most everywhere else.

Also, there are articles in www.washingtonpost.com that you can check the archives to see that they are not just isolated incidents.
Given the huge amount of law enforcement contacts, and the massive amount of media coverage in the area, I'd say these are still "isolated" (i.e. rare) occurrences.

P.G. county officer stopped for speeding in his own vehicle by same county cops who did not know him, refuses to open window and cooperate with said cops.
Okay ... the guy is an idiot and may be terminated. The point being, what? That occasionally even cops act like idiots? Sure - that's a given. last time I checked, cops are human ... and humans can sometimes be idiots.

P.G. county officer sent to prison because the blue code of silence broken by fellow officers indicated that she asked the ranking cop on the scene and received permission to release her new police dog on vagrants who were already handcuffed because she said it was a new dog and she wanted him to have a "bite."
Good. I'm glad that other officers didn't remain silent. By and large, the norm is that other officers reveal misconduct by officers - not the public.

Officer arrested who just recently graduated from the police academy caught by his own detective posing as a underage teenager on internet (who did not know him) for soliciting sex with minors in a chatroom!
And a few years ago (more than a dozen) the San Francisco PD had an acadmey class that hired strippers and prostitutes for their graduation party.

Once again, morons and idiots come from everywhere ... and occasionally they enter police work and make it past the screening process.

Police have issued a statement that they will no longer pose and receive services as customers at a massage salon in order to do undercover investigations of illicit sex.
Okay. So now there won't be undercover operations at a local sex parlor ... er, massage parlor.

It seems, according to you, everything is fine where you are and now your expertise is needed elsewhere.
Everything is pretty good out here - as it is in most the rest of the country.

If you are trying to prove that there are stories about cops gone bad, okay, I admit it. I can show you a whole bunch about cops getting gunned down, too. But is that telling you anything that isn't new?

Nothing I can tell you is going to change your opinion that cops are the incarnation of the anti-christ, so why bother?

As Seniorjudge implied: Do you have a legal question?

ecmst12

Well, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil public opinion about the whole barrel, unfortunately.

I believe most cops are good, but the bad ones are the ones who make the news :(

tedmisechtar

CdwJava said:
No thanks - too humid out there.

Local news is notoriously unreliable and almost certainly does not have all the facts. It may be true, but, to paraphrase Paul Harvey, where is "the REST of the story"?

Shooting the block won't do much - the block STOPS bullets and rarely stops as the result of a gunshot without traveling a long way ... and you cannot shoot the tires from the FRONT of the vehicle - not that this would do anything to stop the car before hitting the officer anyway (if that's why he was shooting).

Officers are always on Admin leave pending an investigation. And since I don't know anything about it, I couldn't possibly make a comment about it that wasn't concerning something from a news story.

Yes, I am familiar with it. That or similar methodology is standard training in CA and most everywhere else.

Given the huge amount of law enforcement contacts, and the massive amount of media coverage in the area, I'd say these are still "isolated" (i.e. rare) occurrences.

Okay ... the guy is an idiot and may be terminated. The point being, what? That occasionally even cops act like idiots? Sure - that's a given. last time I checked, cops are human ... and humans can sometimes be idiots.

Good. I'm glad that other officers didn't remain silent. By and large, the norm is that other officers reveal misconduct by officers - not the public.

And a few years ago (more than a dozen) the San Francisco PD had an acadmey class that hired strippers and prostitutes for their graduation party.

Once again, morons and idiots come from everywhere ... and occasionally they enter police work and make it past the screening process.

Okay. So now there won't be undercover operations at a local sex parlor ... er, massage parlor.

Everything is pretty good out here - as it is in most the rest of the country.

If you are trying to prove that there are stories about cops gone bad, okay, I admit it. I can show you a whole bunch about cops getting gunned down, too. But is that telling you anything that isn't new?

Nothing I can tell you is going to change your opinion that cops are the incarnation of the anti-christ, so why bother?

As Seniorjudge implied: Do you have a legal question?
I agree with what ecmst12 said. Not all cops are bad and only the ones who do idiotic things get in the regular news. They probably shouldn't have been cops in the first place.
But Carl, referencing cops as though they were the anti-Christ! No, no, that would be going a little too far, Carl. Even for me! LOL
No, I don't have anything else. This was the last thing I was going to say to you, Carl. I figured the climate, that is, the humidity, above anything else, would be a definite deterrent for you coming to the Washington area! After all, who would want to leave sunny California?? LOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">