• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Illegal parking sign on valid parking zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X-Warrior

Hi everyone. I am from New York. There is a case I wanted to share with everyone and that is it is possible in my case that an illegal "no standing anytime" sign was posted on a legal parking zone. It was about 2 months ago and I decided to park there because I believe it was a valid parking zone. It did say "no standing anytime" however it also had two other underneath stating "No parking" on Mondays from 11:30am to 1pm & Back in 90 degrees parking only facing the opposite direction. The no standing sign arrow was pointing to the right while the other two signs' arrow were pointing to the left.

About two weeks ago, I get an outstanding notice violation about the "no standing anytime" meanwhile I never received the original summons. I went to contest the summons and the judge went against my statement however agree to me that the sign was posted at a possible valid parking spot. The DOT basically placed a bad sign at a terrible location where 20% of that parking spot was considered a no standing zone while the other 80% was a valid parking zone. The 20% was what gave me the ticket however the DOT I believe placed an illegal sign at a valid parking zone. I am going to appeal this however need a bit more advice about this particular situation. What can I do and what are my options? Any suggestions are gladly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">