• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

praking ticket in front of my own driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

savithari

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I drop my daugher each day to school at 7:45 come back home and park the car in my driveway on Mon Wed Thu. On Tue and Fri I cant since the Garbage guy picks up the garbage from infront of my garage.

I park my car in front of the mail box on Tue and Fri. I got a ticket recently for parking in front of my mail box since I was parked at 08:35 and the no parking starts at 08:00 to 16:00 hours.

The reason was that I was more than 12 inches from the curb. I am surprised that I got a parking ticket (in a cul-de-sac) for parking in front of my own house where the traffic is not existent.

I am going to Court to explain my side of the story to the Judge.
Will I be given a chance ?
If I say I am not guilty and the cop who gave me the ticket is not present, then is the ticket waived ?

I am willing to admit the mistake but request that the ticket be turned into a warning. Can I do that and not harm my chances in any way ?

-S

seniorjudge

Q: I am going to Court to explain my side of the story to the Judge. Will I be given a chance ?

A: Yes.

Q: If I say I am not guilty and the cop who gave me the ticket is not present, then is the ticket waived ?

A: It will be set down for trial and the prosecutor will tell the cop to show up.

Q: I am willing to admit the mistake but request that the ticket be turned into a warning. Can I do that and not harm my chances in any way ?

A: No.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep in mind that the argument of "but Judge, I was only breaking the law in front of my own house" probably won't fly.
Just pay the parking ticket and move on...it will be far cheaper in the long (and short) run.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">