• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private company-issued parking tickets in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LawAdviceFan

In the state of California, what kind of repercussions can I face from a delinquent parking ticket issued by a private company, such as legal, credit-wise, or financial consequences?

I have heard that private company parking tickets cannot lead to damaged credit or arrests in the state of Washington, but what about CA?

CdwJava

In the state of California, what kind of repercussions can I face from a delinquent parking ticket issued by a private company, such as legal, credit-wise, or financial consequences?

I have heard that private company parking tickets cannot lead to damaged credit or arrests in the state of Washington, but what about CA?
Are we talking about a company contracted by a government entity or JPA to issue parking cites in the jurisdiction? Or, a parking cite issued by a private security company on private property (such as mall security)?

racer72

I have heard that private company parking tickets cannot lead to damaged credit or arrests in the state of Washington,
Not really true. If the ticket was for avoiding paid parking, the owner of the lot can take any and all legal remedies to collect the debt, including damaging your credit if you are sued and lose. Small claims court in Bellevue is loaded with these types of cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">