• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private parking tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EricNg

Please advice

Hi, I live in Pacifica, California in a private community. Anyways, can Pacifica Police Dept. give out parking tickets? For example, for registration on your car?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Signs are also posted on both entrances into the private community
It depends on the agreement that the community has with the police and/or the city. I'd start by asking the governing body in your community.

EricNg

Hi, thanks for the advice. I just want to make sure that I understand this. So, if the governing body of the community has no agreement with the police or the city. That means the police department are not allow to give out citations within that community?

Zigner

Hi, thanks for the advice. I just want to make sure that I understand this. So, if the governing body of the community has no agreement with the police or the city. That means the police department are not allow to give out citations within that community?
Not necessarily.

EricNg

Private community meaning that the entire land does not belong to any government and that it was bought to build a community/ houses and sold separately. Does that make any sense?

LdiJ

Also we pay for HOA in this community of this helps also.
This is a situation where we might be able to offer helpful advice but you are being too cryptic in the information you are providing. Perhaps you should just try to tell the whole story in a logical and non dramatic manner.

EricNg

Sorry about that. Well, anyways the whole story is that. I live in a private community in Pacifica, California where all the residents in this area pays HOA every month. I have a car that is still in the process of getting fixed and that it is parked inside the community. Where I also have expired registration sticker on my licenses plate but have paid the DMV for it. The DMV will not release the new registration sticker to me until I have done a smog check. I cannot do the smog check until I get the transmission fixed and is not with in my budget until next year. Can the Pacifica Police Dept cite my vehicle since it is in this private community? Please advice. Thanks.

EricNg

Sorry for got to mention that the Pacifica police dept have cited me for expired registration sticker.

Zigner

Sorry for got to mention that the Pacifica police dept have cited me for expired registration sticker.
I guess the answer is "yes". I suspect the roads are considered as part of the city. Why don't you contact the police department and discuss it with a supervisor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">