• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private property disabled parking question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katpowers1

CA

I live in a condo. The bottom floor is commercial, the other floors are condos. I am disabled, my property managers state I may not park in the designated handicapped spaces between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Saturdays. Is there separate laws for private property vs public property? Is this legal and can they tow my vehicle if it is not moved out of the handicapped space? (I have disabled plates on my vehicle)

Last edited:

Dave1952

Tell me about the parking. Are you parking in the spaces that are used by the commercial businesses? Are the condos provided with their own parking spots.

Katpowers1

Response

Yes, I am parking in the only handicapped spaces provIded. It is used by the commercial business as well as residents. We do have designated parking spaces for residents, however no handicapped spaces there and they are much further from the entrance. I am told I can park there on Sundays all day, and any day between the hours of 5:01pm to 8:00am.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">