• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

**Pulled over during test drive**

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

It sounds like your boss needs to come up with some interchangeable mounts that you can attach the plate to with a magnet according to the surface it is going on.

PaulAlex

It sounds like your boss needs to come up with some interchangeable mounts that you can attach the plate to with a magnet according to the surface it is going on.
Hopefully the company pays for it as its more so a fault on their part by not supplying the proper equipment to legally mount/display a plate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hopefully the company pays for it as its more so a fault on their part by not supplying the proper equipment to legally mount/display a plate.
Hogwash - the OP could have refused to allow the vehicle to be driven by his prospective customer until it was legal to do so. The OP also had options to make it legal to do so - the most obvious one being to simply attach the plate to the mounting location on the car. Unfortunately, the OP couldn't be bothered to take the 5 minutes to find a screwdriver and attach the plate.

When I was in the car business, we had quick mount screws - essentially wingnuts, but with the screw end, not the nut end. It took about a minute to put BOTH plates on before a test drive. We had Secretary of State Police office a block away from our dealership, and there was one harda$$ who didn't like our dealer principal. He'd get us every chance he could.

PaulAlex

When I was in the car business, we had quick mount screws - essentially wingnuts, but with the screw end, not the nut end. It took about a minute to put BOTH plates on before a test drive.
I like that idea. The officer said "technically you have to have both plates" but apparently the law changed to needing only the rear one. Anyways ladies and gentlemen I appreciate your input. My company paid for my ticket.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">