• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about contesting parking ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi all,

I have received a parking ticket for parking during street sweeping hours/day (Tuesday in this case). When I saw I had been ticketed, I looked for a sign, and noticed it obscured by several trees and branches. So I took some pictures as proof. There is no way to see the sign from the street entrance, just the post if you look hard. I was ready to write my protest based on obscured sign (CVC 22507.6) when I noticed the officer used the wrong street address on the citation.

I am now in a conundrum:

- How can I base it on obscure tree if the officer put a whole different street address on the citation? How am I going to explain I was actually parked in a different street? I do have the pictures, and could kind of identify the street by the buildings/trees, (geolocation?), but not sure it's the best way to go.

- So I decided to look up the address in the citation. It's an odd number (4117) about 4 blocks away. By looking at the sign on the odd number side of the street, the street cleaning is actually on a Mondays. So I thought, I have my protest now! Citation happened on a Tuesday but address is on side of street where cleaning is on Mondays! But there is one possible catch, the street number doesn't really exist, I guess there is no property with that number. A school takes most of the block. Closest actual property number is 4110. Do I need to care about this detail at all? In the end of the day, it is an odd number, which puts me on the south side of the street where cleaning is on Monday, not Tuesday.

Would really appreciate to hear from you about how to go on this one.

Thank you so much

What do you want us to tell you?

That's it's OK to perjure yourself?

No, it isn't OK.
Thanks for reply. But sorry, there is no perjury taking place here. I had a legit reason to protest the ticket, but officer made a procedural error. That error alone should be reason for dismissal in my view. Many claims, contests, lawsuits, , citations, proofs are dismissed every day based on procedural errors.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. But sorry, there is no perjury taking place here. I had a legit reason to protest the ticket, but officer made a procedural error. That error alone should be reason for dismissal in my view. Many claims, contests, lawsuits, , citations, proofs are dismissed every day based on procedural errors.
If you look at the ticket, it tells you how you can oppose it by going to their website online! Simply go there and tell them about the issues that you've experienced concerning the ticket and they will send you a response in the mail several days later. If ever there was cause to get your ticket dismissed, based on what you've posted, this is it. However, nothing is cut in stone here!

If you look at the ticket, it tells you how you can oppose it by going to their website online! Simply go there and tell them about the issues that you've experienced concerning the ticket and they will send you a response in the mail several days later. If ever there was cause to get your ticket dismissed, based on what you've posted, this is it. However, nothing is cut in stone here!
Yes, I have done all that. I was actually on the form when I realized the wrong address. I just don't think I can claim 3 things at once:

- Tree completely blocks signs (and it does, I have photos) on 23th st
- But you actually put the wrong address on my ticket - 25th st - How would I prove that?
- But actually on that wrong address, it's not even prohibited to park in tuesdays.

I think 3rd option is best. That's where I wanted some opinions. Sorry I wasn't clean.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">