• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about "maintenance of lamps" ticket in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seekinglegaladv

I live and drive in New Jersey.

I've received a ticket for 39:3-66 "maintenance of lamps". I don't think I have any defense, so I intend to pay the $54 fine online and not fight it in court. The officer told me I would not get any points. I have a few questions though:

1) Is this considered a non-moving violation similar to a parking ticket?
2) Will this go on my driving record?
3) Will my driving insurance company find out about it / will my insurance rates go up?
4) If I just pay off the fine, is it going to adversely affect me in any way in the future? Would anyone even be able to find out that I got the ticket?

Thanks in advance!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The officer told me I would not get any points.
You should check with the DMV to be on the safe side.

1) Is this considered a non-moving violation similar to a parking ticket?
If it is in fact no points then it sounds like an equipment violation.

2) Will this go on my driving record?
Probably, but you need to check with the DMV to see if the conviction will appear.

3) Will my driving insurance company find out about it / will my insurance rates go up?
From an equipment violation? Doubtful. Check with your insurance company.

4) If I just pay off the fine, is it going to adversely affect me in any way in the future? Would anyone even be able to find out that I got the ticket?
See the answer to 2.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">