• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received LA MC 80.69b violation NP 10p-5a nightly, but.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elnet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Los Angeles

Hello, I parked between two signs on the public street in front of a charter (private?) school with : "no parking 7 am - 5 pm school days" on them. I parked there at 11 pm and the time on my ticket is 11:30 PM. My question is that ...when I read the section on MC 80.69b, "....it shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle during such prohibited times...

The ticket has comments:

UA NA SP NP 10P-5A Nightly

There are stand alone signs with the 10p-5A well before these, but none within 100 feet or so of where I was parked, and I was between the other two signs

There were no other signs, the curb was unpainted concrete, after the one sign, there was a stop sign and the curb was painted red, but I talking 20 feet or so from the end of the second sign and my car was within both signs.

Do other signs on the street take precedence on the WHOLE street after these hours?

Note that:

A couple of streets over, there is the same sign by a DIFFERENT school, but on top of it, it has the NP 10P-5A nightly on top of it. I would think that you could legally park between the hours of 5:01 PM to 9:59 PM, as they don't want you there after 10.

The fine is $73. If I fight this and lose will it cost more that this? Any idea of how much??

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Hello, I parked between two signs on the public street in front of a charter (private?) school with : "no parking 7 am - 5 pm school days" on them...

...The ticket has comments:

UA NA SP NP 10P-5A Nightly
Obviously you disagree with the person who issued the ticket as to what signs control the section of the block you were parked on. Were there arrows on the signs indicating direction? Parking between two of the same sign doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">