• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recieved Boot in Parking Lot of MY apt complex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ciciar99

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I was moved into my complex in December 2006 by family members while I was visiting my husband in NC and saying goodbye to him before he left to Afghanistan for a year. I returned to my complex at 3 a.m. and received a phone call the next morning. My sister called me to help her because she had run out of gas. When I went down to my car, there was a boot. I couldn't help my sister because I had to call Elite Parking, a private company that put the boot on my car. They taped an orange sign on my Audi and a nasty boot as well. When I told them that I lived there, they said that they believed me and would only charge me half the fine, $20.

Is it legal for me to have been fined for parking in my own complex? Also, I just had to pay tonight for my sister parking in an open space for 30 minutes because the visitor's spaces were full. This time I paid $40. The visitor's parking spaces were taken by residents who do not have stickers on the back of their vehicles, but the signs say "60 minute parking only".

The managers say that by law they have to provide 2 parking spaces per apartment complex. I can barely find one for my car and have only one car. If I count the parking spaces and there are fewer, where would I send my complaint? Also, if I monitor the visitor's parking and find that the residents are taking all of the spaces, what is my next step?

Thank you for your time and help.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">