• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spastuch

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I got pulled over because the sticker on my license was expired. The sticker was exipired but I just recently bought the car and the dealer gave me a temporary registration. I gave the temporary registration to the officer and she did not even look at the form. She just said that the computer said the car was expired. Should I have gotten this ticket? Is the temporary registration sufficent and the officer just did not realize it. In the mean time what am I supposed to do. I have already taken care of all the paper work prior to recieving the ticket. Should I contest this ticket. The state lists this as a misdemenor. I don't want to have a record.

The Occultist

If you were in compliance with all laws regarding your registration, then bring proof of that to court with you. If you're right, then your case will be dismissed. If you're wrong, then you're guilty of a misdemeanor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">