• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Required Restriction Signage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrwells

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I plan on fighting a ticket that I got for parking in a restricted area of a parking garage, which I was unaware was a restricted area. After receiving the ticket I did manage to locate the 2 small signs that stated that it was a restricted area. I am curious to know if there is any case law or precedent that describes what the required amount of signage is for a restricted parking section. This was a large section of the parking garage, but the only markings within the room were handicap stalls and special sub-sections of the permits, but no signage on the walls or in the stalls. It is my feeling that this institution (which does have the legal right to post signs and issue parking violations) is purposely leaving the area as little marked as possible in an effort to raise funds. If it helps, I do have photos of the garage and stall that my cars was parked in.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">