• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Residential Parking Car Hardly moved for 3 weeks from public street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Derrick1

What is the name of your state? NJ

Cross street neighbour has about 5 cars, Looking for very opportunity and purposely parks his cars in front of my home ( does not block our driveway ) every time we go out, and at times hardly moves for atleast 3 weeks, emailed to police chief was told they will keep an eye but was all in vain, his aim is to purposely harass us. hardly parks any car in his driveway, ( must be thinking about wear and tear what a cheap b..... ). NEED HELP ASAP.

ladyofavon

Neighbor parks in front of my house all the time

I too am in the state of NJ and having the same problem. I found this web site because I was using google trying to find out if there are any laws in my favor. My next door neighbor has six cars and an RV, they refuse to park any of there cars in front of there own house. They will however, park in front of mine. This has caused the police to be called 3 times by them, because they want me to move my kids basketball court so they can park in front of my house. The police tell me that no one owns the street and that they have the right to park there and for me to put my basketball court up on the grass.
We just received a notice to go to mediation with these people because apparently they have tried to file some kind of a complaint against us and the court feels that it is minor dispute.
Do we have any legal rights about parking in front of our own house? My husband use to park his pickup truck there but now he doesn't because then there will not be enough room for my kids to play ball.

Curt581

ladyofavon said:
My husband use to park his pickup truck there but now he doesn't because then there will not be enough room for my kids to play ball.
As a parent of teenagers myself, I can fully understand why you'd want your kids to be playing basketball in traffic.

:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">