• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

San Diego Parking Meter Woman PERJURY.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_sn0w

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California.

Hello. I parked where I shouldn't have (red zone) (for less than 60 seconds) (to do federal business) (arguably under invitee status). The end.

I need a fine reduction due to economic hardship. Anyone know how to get one? My wife and I have a child and make under $1800 per month. $15 in food stamp benefits monthly.

Also, I need to have a black mark on the woman's record for stating "Unoccupied" when it was, in fact, occupied by two people. She "declared 'unoccupied' under penalty of perjury". She lied. The end.

Yes, perhaps it was a mistake. However, I am not asking for my mistake to be forgiven because she made a mistake. I am only asking how to have her penalized for her mistake. She had me penalized for my mistake.

Thank you for any advice that you might be able to give.

Thanks.

OHRoadwarrior

Alrighty then. :cool: Unfortunately, you were not a passenger, you were the driver. Further, you were not getting into or out of the vehicle. You have not indicated any other basis you feel the citation was unlawfully issued.

http://www.sandiego.gov/parking/citations/

Last edited:

justalayman

Also, I need to have a black mark on the woman's record for stating "Unoccupied" when it was, in fact, occupied by two people. She "declared 'unoccupied' under penalty of perjury". She lied. The end.

Yes, perhaps it was a mistake. However, I am not asking for my mistake to be forgiven because she made a mistake. I am only asking how to have her penalized for her mistake. She had me penalized for my mistake.

21458. (a) Whenever local authorities enact local parking regulations and indicate them by the use of paint upon curbs, the following colors only shall be used, and the colors indicate as follows:

(1) Red indicates no stopping, standing, or parking, whether the vehicle is attended or unattended, except that a bus may stop in a red zone marked or signposted as a bus loading zone.

it doesn't matter. Get over it.

but maybe your "friends" were as transparent as you are (although I am using the term in the literal sense when referring to your friends and the figurative sense when referring to you) and she just didn't see your "friends".

Hello. I parked where I shouldn't have (red zone) (for less than 60 seconds) (to do federal business) (arguably under invitee status). The end.
none of that matters either.

I pronounce thee guilty. Pay the bailiff.

OHRoadwarrior

If you cannot afford a parking ticket, not illegally parking is the best solution. Paying it timely will be cheapest no additional fees will be added.

Last edited:

sandyclaus

California.

I need a fine reduction due to economic hardship. Anyone know how to get one? My wife and I have a child and make under $1800 per month. $15 in food stamp benefits monthly.

Thank you for any advice that you might be able to give.

Thanks.
As for the "mistake" that the metermaid made? That's not going to amount to much as far as the ticket is concerned. The statute does not make a distinction nor lessen the penalty for an occupied vs. unoccupied vehicle. Therefore, what the metermaid said regarding the vehicle occupancy makes absolutely NO difference. The fine is the same either way.

You admit you parked where you shouldn't have. You earned the red zone ticket you were issued. Pay the ticket and stop trying to claim poverty as your reasoning why you shouldn't be responsible for your illegal actions. If you're lucky, the court MAY allow you to pay the fine in installments.

Perhaps if you are are suffering such an extreme financial hardship, you should be more careful where you park so as NOT to get an expensive ticket that you claim you aren't able to afford to pay - just like every other broke person out there. Being broke isn't a license to park wherever you darn well please.

THE END.

TigerD

To do great injustice to Winston Churchill:

An empty car parked illegally and the OP got out of it.

DC

CdwJava

California.

What was the specific code section cited, and in what city was this? These are most often cited as muni code violations so knowing the city would help.

Was this red zone on a public street, in a parking lot, where?

A red zone usually means NO PARKING (at all) - even if ...

dr_sn0w

San Diego...

I've got $5 that says it happened in San Diego.
*Ding* *Ding* We have a winner. Pay the man, Johnny! ;)

Yes, it happened in San Diego city.
SDMC 86.0112(E).

Public street curb immediately by federal building.

I'm having OP's remorse. I want to defeat this at all costs. I'm changing my attitude on this thing. I'll take it to SCOTUS if I must. Then declare bankruptcy before paying it!!! :D

They can't stick it as a lien on your car, can they?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sandyclaus

SDMC 86.0112(E).

I'm having OP's remorse. I want to defeat this at all costs. I'm changing my attitude on this thing. I'll take it to SCOTUS if I must. Then declare bankruptcy before paying it!!! :D

Thanks.
Yes, I do believe they could put a lien on your vehicle for the unpaid fines - eventually. Or ding your CA state income tax refund. Or proceed with collections through other means (maybe even suspending your license for nonpayment - I think that's an option?).

I'd be shocked and surprised if your fine, with added penalties and interest, made it worth a trip to SCOTUS. I seriously doubt that they would hear such a mundane argument based on a perjurious metermaid vs. little 'ol broke dude. But troll on, dude.

OHRoadwarrior

They add interest and penalties, forward it to the Dept. of Revenue for collection and suspend your right to renew registration.

justalayman

SDMC 86.0112(E).

Thanks.
dang, you aren't even good at being a troll.

§86.0112 Standing or Parking in Specified Places Prohibited

d) In such a manner as to obstruct the free use of the street.

(e) In violation of any sign or curb marking limiting or regulating the parking or
standing of a vehicle.

(f) In violation of any sign or red curb marking prohibiting the parking or
standing of a vehicle.
(Amended 9–11–1995 by O–18205 N.S.)
but I'll tell you what;

start with going to college...

no, hold on a minute. You have to graduate primary school first. Start with that. If you ever accomplish that, head to college; then law school; then practice practice practice. ,Eventually you may qualify to be admitted to the SCOTUS Bar and be able to present your case to the SCOTUS. Then, show yourself to be a complete fool to the wise men behind the bench. Then pay the damn ticket and be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CdwJava

Yes, they put a lien on your vehicle for unpaid parking tickets, and the section cited does appear to cover parking in red zones ... and does not give an exception for the Post Office.

You lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">