• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seat Belt Ticket - Incorrect Information - can this be dismissed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xABCx

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was recently driving with a friend in my car when a policeman pulled me over. My friend was in the front passanger seat and was not wearing his seatbelt. The officer gave him a ticket, but there's a piece of erroneous information on it. According to the ticket, my friend was marked as the driver of the vehicle. I have the appropriate insurance proof to show that the vehicle is in fact mine. Is this enough of a mistake to dismiss this ticket or is more needed information needed to do so? Thank you for the help!

xABCx said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I was recently driving with a friend in my car when a policeman pulled me over. My friend was in the front passanger seat and was not wearing his seatbelt. The officer gave him a ticket, but there's a piece of erroneous information on it. According to the ticket, my friend was marked as the driver of the vehicle. I have the appropriate insurance proof to show that the vehicle is in fact mine. Is this enough of a mistake to dismiss this ticket or is more needed information needed to do so? Thank you for the help!
My response:

Absolutely. Fight the ticket until your last breath.

But first, wait for the laughter to die down.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">