• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settling a ticket for blocked driveway without court appearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MortenJordan

Hi all. I live in Jersey City, NJ but I am a Danish Citizen here on Visa and have only lived here 3 years so im not really sure how the legal system works. In October I accidentally parked my car so that I was blocking a driveway, it was early in the morning and I didn't notice it. A cop came banging on my door, gave me a ticket and I moved my car. I forgot to pay the ticket before the pay by date and now I got a legal notice that I am to appear in court on Feb 5th. The problem here is that im moving to California at the end of January and im therefore unable to appear in court at that time. Im not gonna fight the ticket, it is eligible and im willing to pay it but the person i talked to at Jersey City Municipal court stated that there's no other way to settle this than for me to appear in court. Is there really no way for me to settle this without going to court? seems crazy to me for such a minor offense where im ready to plea guilty and just pay up.

LdiJ

Hi all. I live in Jersey City, NJ but I am a Danish Citizen here on Visa and have only lived here 3 years so im not really sure how the legal system works. In October I accidentally parked my car so that I was blocking a driveway, it was early in the morning and I didn't notice it. A cop came banging on my door, gave me a ticket and I moved my car. I forgot to pay the ticket before the pay by date and now I got a legal notice that I am to appear in court on Feb 5th. The problem here is that im moving to California at the end of January and im therefore unable to appear in court at that time. Im not gonna fight the ticket, it is eligible and im willing to pay it but the person i talked to at Jersey City Municipal court stated that there's no other way to settle this than for me to appear in court. Is there really no way for me to settle this without going to court? seems crazy to me for such a minor offense where im ready to plea guilty and just pay up.
At this point you are either going to need to have an attorney handle this for you or you are going to have to delay your move to CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">