• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SF Blocked Driveway Rights to take Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

specialinjectio

I live in San Francisco, where my I live in a 7 unit condo on a corner of a residential neighborhood. Across the street is a take out restaurant, which attracts many clients in the evenings. The restaurant's clients repeatedly park in my building's driveway, or block the driveway by parking on the street.

Yesterday, I had an issue with someone parked in the driveway, and I had to wait 30 minutes, eventually I was late for work. As you can imagine, I was furuious.

I want to know if there is any action I can take against the restaurant, since their clients are being a nuisance to the neighborhood. I recall in past news, some restaurants have been shut down due to similar issues.

What types of action can I take against the restaurant, and/or the violators to ensure that they are penalized for this. I know I have the option to report teh violator to SFMTA for ticket and tow, but this report takes at least 30 minutes for someone to arrive at the scene.

I have had enought of my driveway being blocked, what are my options and rights in this?

CdwJava

You can call the police or parking authority so they can cite and remove the vehicle. You can also consult an attorney to see if there is any legal action you can take against the restaurant ... though, I would seem to think it unlikely.

Perhaps the city can take some action against the restaurant, but, it might be a stretch to hold the restaurant accountable for the actions of customers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">